It was such a pleasure to meet all of you during intake conferences! I look forward to a year of learning and fun in the 4A classroom. I want to recap a few items we discussed during our meetings.
- All supplies will be provided for students this year
- Backpacks cannot have rollers
- P.E. days will be on Tuesdays and Fridays. You may come dressed for P.E. on Tuesdays
- Bring in your library card, and make sure code is set to #1234
- Parents will walk students to classroom door in the morning
- 4th grade dismissal is at 3:25
During conferences I also talked with you about having your child target their reading within their Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD). This information was given to you at the end of the school year, after students completed Renaissance testing. The ZPD is a range of numbers given to help students focus on books that reflect their reading level. For example if the ZPD is 3.1 – 5.0, the student should be reading books leveled from third grade, first month to fifth grade. A great resource for checking the level of your child’s at home reading can be found on http://ARbookfind.com. Simply enter the site as a student or a parent, and enter the title of the book. You will be looking for the stated book level (BL). If this level falls within your child’s determined ZPD, they are reading books appropriate for their comprehension level and growth.
Lastly, you can check out our enrichment schedule found under the links heading.