Hello 4A Friends!
We had a productive and exciting week last week! Monday morning chapel was a blast as students competed in the edible car race. Two students from our class were recognized with ribbons for their successful inventions. Congrats to Ava Downer and Jay Slavin! On Friday morning K-4 got to travel to the Fox Theatre to watch a production of Miss Nelson Has a Field Day. It was performed by the Dallas Children’s Theatre. Reading the book in class prior to the field trip was great way to see the book come to life! STEM night also took place on Friday evening. We had several 4A scientists recognized. Congratulations to: Cecilia Kramer (2nd place) Do Cats Have Unique Paw Prints?, Max Puntenney (3rd place) Tooth Decay, and Aleks Wolert (Honorable Mention) Swimming Out of the Fog. Great job to everyone for their hard work on Science Fair!
The coming week...
- Math-A-Thon money due!
- Fee Dress Day, $2
- Wed – Fri. Mrs. Bly will be subbing for our class. I will be traveling to Arkansas to visit my daughter
- Bring in your Valentine box/bag for Friday
- Valentines Day- 4A and 4B will be exchanging valentines.
- Relaxed Dress
Rodeo break – No school February 17 – February 21
Spelling: (words with ex)
Math- This week we will be adding and subtracting fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals.
- Students will synthesize information from two texts about space rocks, their destructive potential, and what can be done to protect Earth from being hit by one
- We will be looking closely at a poem called Early Explorers. Students will work on the skills: fluency, author’s purpose, making connections
- Expository paragraph writing
Social Studies- We will continue our study of the Southeast Region.
Have a wonderful week!