Happy Thanksgiving

Dear 4A Families,

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! As I count my blessings this year, your children and St. Michael’s are at the top of my list. I feel grateful to be in such a wonderful, supportive school. I hope you have a fun, family-filled break. We spoke about Thanksgiving traditions, memories, and all the things students are looking forward to this upcoming week. The kids were equally cracking me up and warming my heart with their stories.

Monday:

Our canned food drive will wrap up tomorrow morning. Our class is about 55 cans short of our goal, but I do believe we can still make it! Tomorrow we will be celebrating at all school chapel, presenting our collected food items, and sharing ways we are thankful.

We also will be working together with 4B later in the morning on making dog and cat treats for the Hermitage Cat Shelter and the Humane Society.

Math

On Friday we began working on angles in our geometry unit. We used our power polygons to both identify and create 90 degree angles. This week we will look at the relationship between the degree of measure of an angle and rotation in a circular arc. I will also be introducing how to use protractors to measure angles.

Language Arts

All of last week, students practiced the Readers’ Theatre play, The Thanksgiving Table. Small groups will be performing their play to the lower school classrooms on either Monday or Tuesday. This has been an engaging and fun way to practice oral presentations. Students will also be finishing a reflection packet on the play which includes writing an ending to the story.

Social Studies

Students have been given a good amount of time to get started on their Arizona State Project. This is not due until December 6th, and anything that is not completed at school needs to be completed at home. Students will also have time during the next two technology classes (Mondays) to work on their Google slides. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Spelling

We will not take a spelling test this week.  However, the list has been uploaded for the week of December 2nd, for students who want to get a head start.

Have a lovely week!