Week of December 2

I hope this evening’s post finds you relaxed and ready for December! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving break, and thoroughly enjoyed only being in charge of making the mashed potatoes this year! I hope your turkey day went off without a hitch.

4A had a lot of fun last week performing our Readers’ Theatre play, The Thanksgiving Table, and making treats with 4B for local animal shelters.

This week:

Math – We will continue our study of geometry with students using protractors to create and identify angles. Later this week, we will begin measuring area.

Social Studies– The Arizona State Project is due this Friday. Many students have already submitted their work, but those who still need some time will have the opportunity to work on it during technology tomorrow.

Language Arts- This week we will be reading out of our StoryWorks Scholastic magazine. While reading, students will practice identifying the author’s point of view. We will also conclude our novel study this week on Strider with a comprehension assessment.  In grammar we will be identifying adjectives and articles (special adjectives). Spelling words for this week have been uploaded to SpellingCity.

Have a lovely week!