Week January 20th

Hello 4A Friends!

I hope you all enjoy the upcoming 3 day weekend. It was wonderful meeting with many of you this week during parent teacher conferences. Thank you for all your support!

The week ahead…

Monday: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, no school

Friday-Sunday: Into the Woods performances. Please purchase your ticket soon! You don’t want to miss it. I plan on going Friday night!

Spelling words (#19, Words with the /j/ Sound)

1. bridge
  2. jazz
  3. image
  4. luggage
  5. jumble
  6. range
  7. message
  8. jockey
  9. manage
  10. gentle
  11. plunge
  12. cabbage
  13. lodge
  14. garbage
  15. dangerous

Math – This week we will continue finding fractional parts of rectangles. We will also be reading and writing tenths and hundredths, representing tenths and hundredths as parts of an area, and identifying equivalent fractions and explaining why they are equivalent.

Language Arts – Our poetry unit continues! This past week we learned about the structural elements of the following poems: acrostic, syllable cinquains, and word cinquains. This week we will be reading, analyzing, and creating concrete, couplet, diamonte, and haiku poetry.

Social Studies – We will have a Northeast Region test on January 31st. Students have been given a study guide, and can access it in Google Classroom, or their Google drive. This week we will start exploring the Southeast Region of the United States.

A few more notes…

Please put the following field trips on your calendar:

• Cooper Environmental Center, Friday March 20th from 9:15-3:30
  • Playformance, Tuesday May 12th from 9:00-11:30 (end of year party)

Lastly, this week I gave students a log-in for a fun learning resource. The website is called freckle.com and it was created by Renaissance. Students have access to differentiated learning in math, language arts, science, and social studies. The students all know how to log-in, and are welcome to do so from home if they have the inclination. My class code is BAESEW. From there, they only need to enter their names, and it will take them to their page. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Make (not have) a great week!